RTI Manual - I
PARTICULARS OF BIJU PATNAIK NATIONAL STEEL INSTITUTE, FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
Biju Patnaik National Steel Institute (BPNSI), constituted by Ministry of Steel, Government of India was registered as a society in 2001 for the development of Steel Sector with an emphasis on the Secondary Steel Sector. The Institute has adopted a three pronged approach, namely Education & Training, Research & Development, and Consultancy to develop the steel sector. The Institute creates trained man power with the requisite skill set and also re-skills and upgrades the skills of the existing manpower in the steel sector.
OBJECTIVES & FUNCTIONS –
- To catalyse the development of quality human resource for the steel sector enabling it to face global competition.
- To inject world class skills amongst human resources in the steel sector
- To upgrade existing skill in human resources in the steel sector.
- To leverage links between the industry and academia for the benefit of steel sector.
- To build a center for technological information and knowledge for the steel sector.
- To network with other institutes of similar nature for the benefit of the steel sector.
- To provide consultancy services for the steel and allied industries.
The vision statement of the Institute is “To emerge as a Centre of excellence that will provide technology and skilled/trained manpower to the Iron & Steel Industries with emphasis on the Secondary Steel Sector”.
MISSION OF INSTITUTE
To fulfill the vision, the BPNSI pursues a mission:
- To provide training and further education (TAFE) in niche application areas
- Carry out research, technology development & demonstration (RTD) in the areas of energy and environment, and
- Provide technical assistance (TA) services to iron and steel industry to support advance of sustainable steel industry in the country
- “The most important component to any industry’s success and prosperity is a competent and skilled workforce. By pooling the resources of the two groups, i.e. industry and educational institution, we can help ensure that industries have the educated, qualified, and skilled workers they need”. The Mission of BPNSI is to achieve this.
CONSTITUTION OF THE BOARD-
- Smt. Rasika Chaube, Chairman,
Additional Secretary, Ministry of Steel, Govt. of India
- Dr. Vinod J. Bahade, Director to Govt. of India,
Ministry of Steel, Govt. of India and Director of BPNSI, Puri
- Executive Secretary, Joint Plant Committee, Kolkata
- Shri Rabi Narayan Mishra, (Nominee of Puri Lok sabha MP)
Puri 752 002
- Prof. Damodar Acharya, Chairman, Advisory Board
Shiksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University
Bhubaneswar 751 030
- Director (Personnel)
Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited
Visakhapatnam Steel Plant
- Chief Executive Officer
Rourkela Steel Plant
Rourkela 769 011
- Managing Director
Neelachal Ispat Neegam Limited
Dubri, Jajpur 755 026
- Shri Yogesh Dalmia, Chairman
Odisha Sponge Iron Manufacturers’ Association
Bhubaneswar 751 009
- Special Secretary to Government
Steel & Mines Department
Government of Odisha
- Mr. Brahmananda Mishra
MD, BAIT Logitech Pvt. Ltd.
Bhubaneswar 751 009
- Special Invitees
NISST, Mandi Govindgarh
b) Vice Chancellor
Biju Patnaik University of Technology
Formation of the department and the HoDs from time to time as well as the committees/ Commissions constituted from time to time have been dealt:
a) Committee of management formed in 2.11.2006 with the following members for day to day administration of the Institute
- Shri D.P. Panda, Dy. Manager, Finance & Administration
- Shri S.P. Satapathy, Asst. Professor
BIJU PATNAIK NATIONAL STEEL INSTITUTE
Common Facility Centre
JAJPUR CLUSTER DEVELOPMENT-NIMZ
Pankapal Square, Kalinga Nagar,
As on 31.03.2021, the total employee strength of BPNSI is 22, comprising of 4 Executives and 18 Non Executives.
ORGANIZATION CHART / STRUCTURE OF BIJU PATNAIK NATIONAL STEEL INSTITUTE